Happy weekend everybody! I’m excited to share its time for another month with the Stampers by the Dozen Blog Hop!
This month’s theme is all about those fancy folds. The technique I wanted to highlight is called the double Z technique. I have also heard of it called the double gate technique as well but its a very easy thing to create! I knew I wanted to highlight the So Hoppy Together stamp set too.
To create this design:
1. Start with a piece of Designer Series Paper and cut to 5 inches x 12 inches. Make sure to take note of the direction of the pattern.
2. Score at 2 inches and 10 inches, then flip your paper directly over and score at 4 inches and 8 inches.
3. Flip paper back over and at the “peaks” score lines (2 and 10 inches) fold in towards you and at the “valley” folds, fold away from you.
4. Using a ruler on either side measure down 2 3/4 inches and mark with a pencil. From the mark, use your paper trimmer and cut from the mark to the fold in a diagonal line. Do this for both sides and keep the pieces you cut.
5. Adhere the cut off triangles to the bottom so it looks like you have cut those pieces off to match the background!
6. Decorate the middle how you prefer!
I used the largest circle of the Stitched Shapes die and stamped my images on there using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I colored the frog in the the Light and Dark Call Me Clover Stampin’ Blends markers and the butterfly in with the Light Rich Razzleberry marker. I even used the markers to color in the Basic Rhinstones! To finalize the card, I used the Polka Dot Mesh Ribbon.
Make sure to continue on in our hop by checking out Deb Naylor’s post by clicking HERE or by clicking the next button below!
Our Stampers By The Dozen Hop List!
Anastasia Radloff – you are here!